Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ugly sides and sleep dep

Divorce can bring out the ugliest sides of people. It is a hard thing to observe, and to be the target of. I think signing the terms earlier this week finally brought home to him that this is really happening. And then came the anger, the tirade, the cruel words.

I have a hard time sleeping nowadays. Last week, went for 5 days straight without any sleep at all. Now I get a few hours, but wake around 4 and can't get back to sleep. Tomorrow, at least, is my last day at the paper. So I will no longer have to try to edit with my sleep-deprived brain, and perhaps I will finally be able to kick this cold, which has been hanging on for almost 2 weeks.

One bright spot this week was seeing the Buena Vista Social Club in concert with a friend on Tuesday night at Santralistanbul. There's nothing like dancing your ass off to make the world disappear for awhile.

No comments: