Friday, August 17, 2007

but I'm too new to be censored!

This is the second time I've tried to start a blog today. The first began with Wordpress and things were going fine. Then, this afternoon when I tried to access my 2 entries I got a blocked message in Turkish and English. I couldn't think of anything in my entries that could possibly instigate censorship. Finally, I accessed my blog through a proxy and read through it carefully. The entries still sounded completely benign to me. After that I tried to access the main Wordpress page and then other Wordpress blogs and got the same block. I then realized it wasn't me. The censoring authorities had blocked all of Wordpress and who knows what they found offensive this time! Below is the message that pops up.

Bu siteye erişim mahkeme kararıyla engellenmiştir.

T.C. Fatih 2.Asliye Hukuk Mahkemesi 2007/195 Nolu Kararı gereği bu siteye erişim engellenmiştir.

Access to this site has been suspended in accordance with decision no: 2007/195 of T.C. Fatih 2.Civil Court of First Instance.

So my fellow former wordpress users in Turkey, I hereby lodge my protest and disgust.

No comments: